Monday, February 22, 2010

Things I Like: Anime part 1

Things I Like: Anime (part 1)

I've been into anime for about 10 years now, and every time I'm like "oh I've grown out of it" I get the urge to watch some more again.  I used to be all up on downloads episodes (I do not condone downloading shows that have been licensed), watching five or six series at a time that way.  But it's a lot of work, and everything now comes out in MKV files and neither of my computers play MKVs (I've tried every codec and file and nothing works, I think my comps are just too old), so that leaves me with streaming, which I haven't gotten into yet.

BUT! I've bought a lot of anime!  Not always when it first comes out, I usually buy the box set (easier to hold all the DVDs, less "omg where did I put disk four?!") I totally recommend RightStuf.com, they have better princes than... everywhere. And free shipping if you order over $50!  (rightstuf did not pay me to endorse them, I doubt they've seen my blog at all)  A trick I used a lot - instead of buying the expensive box set, first see if they're selling individual DVDs, how much they are, and if they have them all.  I got all of several series because the individual DVDs were cheaper than buying the box set (like $5-7 each).  I guess they're trying to get rid of individual DVDs so people will buy the box sets, and everythings going to bluray soon anyway.

SO!  Here is my collection!

titles L-R, using the english names unless they go by the japanese:

My Hime, Air, Ikkitousen, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Read Or Die the TV
-----------
Maria Watches Over Us, The Gokusen
-----------
Escaflowne, X, Princess Princess, FullMetal Alchemist, FMA movie, Azumanga Daioh, Rumbling Hearts, Genshiken, Kujibiki Unbalance, Lain, Howl's MovingCastle, Read Or Die oav
-----------
Sailor Moon movie collection, Chobits, Sakura Wars movie, DiGi Charat, Paradise Kiss, Noir, Death Note, Ai Yori Aoshi, Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi, Nurse Witch Komugi, Haruhi first DVD box (I only have the first DVD, I can't decide if I should buy the other 2-3 or buy the box set)
-----------
(Not really anime but on my shelf) Cosplay Encyclopedia, Suicide Club, L'arc~en~Ciel Live in USA (I WAS THERE!!!) Under17 concert, Morning Musume Green Live, Battle Royale 2 (I lost the first one), Moonchild (Gackt+Hyde=win), My Z Hime (My Otome), too much Pokemon

Here's some random bad artsy shots:
 
And here's Earl the cat on the shelves all my anime used to be on

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Impressive collection! I just love the way shelves full of box sets look, always so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want your collection. Especially FMA <3 hihi :3

    ReplyDelete