Sunday, January 3, 2010

Things I like: Roses


Things I Like:  Roses

  (courtesy of www.weheartit.com)
I love roses.  They’re my favorite flower.  For some reason, they represent beauty and class to me.  A princess would wear roses; a beautiful lady would tend to her rose garden.  I’m not sure when the rose obsession began. Right now for me it’s all about fake roses, with the bud taken off the stem, to decorate things.  I love full blooms best, but also the little tiny ones in the craft store.

 
(Anthy and Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena, and the symbol of the series)
Roses also have to do with my favorite anime, Revolutionary Girl Utena.  There’s a theme of roses – the characters have rose symbols on their rings, a rose garden is a central point, when dueling one must cut the rose off the competitor’s chest with a sword to win the Rose Bride… ok, it’s a bit complicated, but it’s so beautiful and the soundtrack is wonderful.  It makes me want to drink rose tea while watching (which a friend and I have done, actually!)



 (courtesy of www.weheartit.com)
We have a rosebush in my backyard garden, but it’s basically a big stem with one or two roses growing at a time.  I tried to keep some small roses in a pot, but that didn’t work out well.  I’m not good at gardening ^_^;  I try to draw them, but am not the best artists, so the sketches aren’t something I show to others.  So I decorate with them, and wear rose patterned things, and want a rose-themed lolita outfit, etc etc.  I love their smell, of course.  For spring I’ll get a rose perfume, assuming it works for me (perfumes smell different on everyone).




What’s your favorite flower?


1 comment:

  1. Roses are so hard to draw! I'm no good at them but I really love them too. Rose perfume is my most favorite. I also really love rose flavored things, which is kind of weird but tasty XD

    ReplyDelete